2x4basics 90182ONLMI Custom Picnic Table Kit, Sand

  • Lumber not included
  • Just add a 2x4 to make a sturdy picnic table and 2 benches up to 8 ft long
  • Includes the frames to make the table and 2 benches
  • Brackets made of heavy gauge structural resin
  • Easy to assemble, only requires a powered screwdriver, wrench and saw

I was a little apprehensive of the purchase at first since it oviously looked plastic with a more modern style and the $80-100 price tag was almost as much as a full/complete wooden table kit. However, I broke down and paid the extra for the clear reality that maintenance over the years would be almost non-existent. Upon arrival, I was happy to see the inviting packaging, the well laid out instructions on the box, and the sturdy blow mold construction of the support members. I decided to spend a bit more and go with composite decking (~1" x 5.5" x 6') for the table/bench tops and treated pine supports underneath to again avoid future maintenance. Changing up the board dimensions made me miss one hole on either side of the table supports, but it was as sturdy as anything. I used 6 planks on the table and 3 on each bench. The composite needed a bit more support in the middle, so I improvised with standard picnic table cross supports in the middle of the undersides. I also curved and routered the ends like the picture and made it look much more refined than a boring square table. Plank spacing also looked nicer at 1/4" as long as your boards don't warp. I love how the benches are extra wide and detached from the table which makes it alot more versatile for varying situations. All in all a great table and I was willing to spend more for something that would look nice for ages and save me countless hours in staining and weather treatments for years to come. Recommended!

Great kit!!! I had this up in an 2 hours. I warn people now. The best way to build this is upside down if your by yourself like me. I read a lot about this before I started. I went with 6 1/2 ft on the table and 5 1/2 on the two support braces. At first I did 6 feet on the braces and realized it would not be solid. I took the table apart and went with 5 1/2 feet on support braces with 6 inch overhang on each side. In all with the kit and wood about 180 bucks. It took 20 2 x 4's 8ft long.

This is an amazing product that gives the DIYer the enjoyment and satisfaction of building a picnic table to their own liking. I used rough reclaimed lumber and all hand tools so mine is rougher with a bit of unevenness that added some awesome rustic character and as it was a Mother's Day Gift my Mom was so excited and can't wait for our annual 4th of July Cookout to put it to good use. I personally can't wait to get the next piece which is the Bench-Table Hybrid because quite honestly the build is a fun time and the results are really gratifying. I recommend this 100% to anyone needing an outdoor furniture they can customize and/or that enjoys DIY.

This was extremely easy to assemble and turned out great. I wouldn't suggest going the full 8 feet with 2x4s (at least on the benches). I went with an 8 foot table and about 6 1/2 foot benches, which worked fine. There is no flex in the benches, but a slight flex in the table. This is not an issue, because all the weight is on the benches anyways. If you plan correctly (stain the wood ahead of time, mark off holes for screws, and make sure all your 2x4s are straight and cut to length), assembly is certainly under an hour with 2 people working.

All hardware was present in my shipment, nothing missing. I made a 6-foot table and used 2x8's for both the table and the benches. There was only one spot on each end of the table frames where I had to make a new screw hole as the pre-notched hole fell on a gap that (I assume) otherwise would have been covered by a 2x4, but this was no problem to do. Benches were fine. Quite heavy by virtue of the lumber but feels very sturdy at 6 feet and looks & feels, to me, sturdier and more like a classic picnic table with the 2x8's as opposed to 2x4's.

My customer is extremely pleased with the table and benches I constructed for them using this kit. Both the table and benches are very solid and stable, even on uneven ground. One criticism: When you assemble it as per the directions, the pre-drilled holes in the table frame are not aligned for solid grip on the 2x4s. On the kit I received, some of the screws would have been VERY close to the edge of the boards, resulting in split lumber and weak framing. I simply re-drilled the holes in the correct location and placed the screws accordingly. One tip, though: Use additional screws to fasten it together. The number of fasteners sent with the kit really is not sufficient for truly solid assembly. I used 1-1/4" galvanized screws -- very important if you're using weather-treated wood. I also fastened a 2x4 section crosswise across the middle of the table top to minimize the inevitable warping that happens when you build any flat surface with treated 2-by lumber. The table and benches have been in the boiling sun for about three months now and look like new.

Made a nice tile table used plywood and hardie backer did a few modifications on support but other then that it's a great product actually I bought 2 one for my daughter and one for me

Great picnic table kit. I wasn't sure how this was going to look or if these legs would be good quality. They are. Will buy another set shortly as now my wife wants one of these by the pool. One suggestion if you buy this kit is to assemble the top boards with a couple of 28" 2X2 then flip it over to fasten it down. Much easier than the method they suggest on the box/directions. I screwed the 2X2 in where it will sit just inside the legs at both ends.

Very happy with product. Well built and easy to assemble. Allows for some flexibility to customize size, wood, shape etc. (I matched mine to the size and angles of deck railing so it fits snug against the side of the deck when not in use). Recommendation: Go to lumber yard and get kiln dried wood to minimize warping. I had to replace 2 boards from big chain store. Very happy with this purchase.

Used two kits to make a 10 foot table out of composite decking material. Works great. We prefer chairs to benches so using the leftover bench brackets to construct end tables to go between chairs on our deck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

History Births on July 03

Daily Gemini Horoscope August 09 (09/08)